Friendlyworld Blog - Friendly world

Feb 14, 2023

How to legalize in Portugal

Moving to Portugal is like a Netflix series - everyone has already moved and is actively discussing it, and you do not understand what is happening, but the whole tape is just about it.

What are the ways to get a coveted residence permit in Portugal:

📍Digital Nomad Visa.
- Requirements: permanent remote income outside of Portugal, proof of income from 2800€ + rent or own real estate.

  • The residence permit is issued for a period of 1 year with multiple extensions, as long as the applicant continues to meet the required criteria.

  • It is possible to transfer family

📍Visa D7
- Requirement: proof of a stable passive income of 800€ or more per month outside of Portugal and the ability to support yourself and your family.

The source of income can be a pension, rental income or income from intellectual property. Must spend at least 183 days in the country during the year.

D7 visa is issued for 4 months. In Portugal, after a visit to the SEF Immigration Service, a residence permit for 2 years + extension for 3 years is issued.

📍Opening a sole proprietorship.
Suitable for freelancers, self-employed and entrepreneurs. Applied within the country, i.e. already in Portugal + need to open a European bank account.

This way of moving provides regular payments: the tax about 30 euros a month in the first year (the average minimum profit tax). Further 100-130 euros per month. If the IP will not be used - about 50 euros per month.

❗️Через 5 years of permanent residence you can apply for permanent residency or citizenship. Portugal recognizes second citizenship, so you don’t have to give up your country of origin passport.


If you want to become an ambassador for Friendly World in your town or village to help people have an unforgettable trip, sign up here as an assistant or local guide. Check out the opportunities that Friendly World has to offer - you can not only help people, but also make new friends and earn money.